the best chef, and the best host of your holiday happenings?
Discover how to satisfy your holiday desires and end holiday stress in 3 Steps:
Step 1: Be the best Santa by being present and giving gifts of love.
Wrap up gift coupons for fun activities you’ll share with each person you love.
Present experiences that are easy on your budget and fun to share with
your beloved partner or other loved ones. Some suggestions:
* a nightly back rub for one week,
* a weekly card or board game night all winter,
* a grant your wish night if that wish doesn’t cost a dime to grant
* a forgiveness night to release old grudges that steal joy and love
* a let go of anger or sadness night to make room for happiness and love
* a weekly gratitude night to express thanks for wonderful qualities in the people you love
Step 2: Be the best chef by presenting heart-healthy meals you prepare together
Learn to love food that loves you back. Choose a one pot meal of comfort food and divide the preparation duties.
* a meat loaf or veggie loaf you can prepare quickly after work or school
* a meat or veggie chili recipe you can cook in a crock pot before work and be ready to eat when you return home
* a heart-healthy stew with veggies and healing broth prepared on the stove or in a crock pot
* a fish filet with steamed veggies and baked sweet potatoes you can prepare in an hour or less
Step 3. Be the best host for holiday happenings by taking the best care of yourself
* Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of pure water and avoiding sugar or alcoholic drinks
* Commit to three hours of exercise each week, including walks in nature, deep breathing while doing yoga or tai chi.
* Soak your cares away in a hot tub or shower each day, then lathering all-natural cream into your skin. My favorites are Egyptian Magic with olive oil and bee products, plus Miracle II moisturizing cream with aloe.
* Start working at a standing desk several hours a day, since NASA warns that sitting is shaving years off our lives.
* Make time to relax before you go to bed and block out preferred number of hours of uninterrupted sleep to feel energized all day.
* Reach out to connect with several people you care about but you don’t get to see that often.
* Choose your top 3 dreams to make real in the new year. Jot down daily steps in your date book that you’ll take to make those dreams come true. Then imagine it’s New Years Eve, 2016 and you’re looking back and giving thanks for accomplishing your top dreams in 2016. Show your children how to make their best dreams come true, too.
Sending joy and love during the holidays and every day,