I hope you are safe and taking impeccable care of yourself.
As we commit to another month of practicing social
distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19,
I want to share a summary from Johns Hopkins University
to help you understand this virus.
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein
molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of
lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of
the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their
genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into
aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein
molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The
disintegration time depends on the temperature,
humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that
protects it is a thin outer layer of fat.
That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy,
because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you
have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to
make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer,
the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so
good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius (i.e.
77°F) for washing hands, clothes and everything.
In addition, hot water makes more foam and that
makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT,
especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water
directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down
from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide
dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use
it pure and it hurts your skin.
* BACTERICIDE WILL NOT KILL THE VIRUS.
The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is
not alive with antibiotics, but quickly
disintegrate its structure with everything said.
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or
cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it
is very inert and disintegrates only between 3
hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper,
because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood,
because it removes all the moisture and does not
let it peel off and disintegrates), 24 hours
(cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours
But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the
virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge
in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very
stable in external cold, or artificial as air
conditioners in houses and cars. They also need
moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness.
Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright
environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the
virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse
a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down
collagen (which is protein) in the skin,
eventually causing wrinkles and possibly skin cancer.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the
protective layer of fat.
* SPIRITS and VODKA will not kill the virus. The strongest vodka is only
40% alcohol, and you need 65% (i.e. 130 proof).
*LISTERINE WORKS! It is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the
virus there can be. The more open or naturally
ventilated, the less.
* You must wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks,
knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone,
watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY
from so much washing them, because the molecules
can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the
moisturizer, the better.
* Also, keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus
does not hide there.
Use common sense, maintain 6 foot social
distancing, wash your hands frequently, eat foods
that support your immune system and keep you healthy.
Take impeccable care of yourself,